Monday, November 14, 2011

Goodbye 27, Hello 28


This past Friday, 11-11-11, was my 28th birthday.  Twenty-eight isn’t much of a milestone and I may not remember it five years from now, but for one 24 hour period, it was nearly perfect.  For one day, I got to do exactly what I wanted…turned my back on the to-do list and just enjoyed myself.  No need for a full run-down but I took it easy, splurged with a massage, manicure & pedicure at the spa and traveled to St. Louis where I had a wonderful dinner with my family.  Gifts aren’t ever at the top of my list but I got some pretty great things…a gift card to one of my favorite stores, some new sewing gadgets, an e-reader and a charm (suggested by a friend who’s been experiencing her own, unique hardships) that reads “Expect a Miracle” on the front with “Team Pug” engraved on the back.  When it comes down to it, I had a wonderful day filled with love and family that I wouldn’t have traded for the world.

We rounded out the weekend with “family” pictures…JPug, Bella, Beau and I met a friend from high school turned photographer who put up our crazy antics at a local park for an entire hour.  The pictures should be ready in a couple of weeks so I’ll be sure to post a couple on the blog.  We spent Saturday evening celebrating the marriage of one of Joe’s friends from high school, Tara, and her husband, Chase, who is originally from Springfield, IL.  Once you’ve planned your own wedding, I think you have a much greater appreciation for any wedding you attend…and I was very appreciative of Mr. & Mrs. Cooper’s!  I’d post a picture of the couple but in true LPug fashion, I didn’t bring a camera.  It’s not much of a resolution but taking more pictures might have to be my 2012 New Year’s resolution because I downright stink at having my camera, battery charged and ready to go. 

Oh my goodness…I almost forgot.  JPug also received our latest “I Word” update on Friday.  Dr. N called with the results of his recent blood/hormone tests and everything was normal (hurray!).  JPug will continue his prescription medical food which will hopefully enhance future counts but otherwise, all hormone levels were within the normal range.  Our mystery still hasn’t been solved but we’re another step closer so that's good news.

Family, friends and readers...thank you for your love, wisdom, laughter and support at 27 and I look forward to an even better 28!

No comments:

Post a Comment