Sunday, December 4, 2011

Unexpected Hiccup in a Regular Routine


The past few months, I’ve been getting out of bed in the middle of the night to use the bathroom…I think it’s a small sign that I’m getting older or maybe I just need to drink less water in the hours before bed.  Either way, I wake up…do my business…crawl back into bed and fall back asleep.

Last night was no exception.  I felt like I had been sleeping forever and figured it must be close to alarm time.  I checked my phone and discovered that it was only 3:30am…YES...2 ½ more hours of sleeping bliss!  I jumped up to do my business, made sure I didn’t step on the dogs on the way and entered the bathroom.  From there, it’s a regular routine…pants down, sit down, go.  Except this morning wasn’t regular…there was a major hiccup between the pants down and sit down.  

The new few seconds transpired as follows…pants down, sit down…wait…oh no…I’m sitting much deeper than usual (2 or so inches is “much” deeper when 1/1,000 sits is a longer journey).  PHEW…I didn’t miss the toilet completely but the seat seems very narrow.  Oh s*!t…JPug, you forgot to put the toilet seat down (I thought to myself).  By this time, my body had already moved on to the 3rd step and I couldn’t stop it…go, go, go.  There I was, trying to finish my business, hoping not to fall in and slightly annoyed with JPug.

I’ll admit…this sort of slip is rare for JPug which in my mind almost makes the situation worse.  If I knew he was a serial seat leaver-upper, I’d check for it before doing my middle of the night business.  You may be thinking why I didn’t notice the seat was up in the first place and my answer is because I don’t turn on the bathroom light in the middle of the night…does anyone?  This sort of thing is a once every couple of months occurrence so it’s like a sneak attack that comes out of nowhere.

In the grand scheme of things, this event is totally inconsequential but I just had to share.  Ladies, if this has happened to you, you’re not alone!  And guys, please don’t forget to put that seat down in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment