Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Take 2

This post was originally written in early February...

I haven’t blogged about our actual process in a while so I thought I’d provide an update.  In January (one cycle after we experienced our first loss), my hormone levels returned to pre-pregnancy normal and we were able to begin the IUI process once again.  For JPug and me, beginning the process again immediately was almost a no-brainer.  Dr. K advised that we should wait until we were both physically and emotionally ready and for us, one cycle was enough.

The process was the same with a few, minor changes…if you didn’t read the series I published regarding our first IUI but would like to, scroll to the bottom of this post and click “IUI” under Labels.  The link will take you to all IUI posts I’ve published…scroll to the bottom once the screen refreshes and read up.

I started the cycle with a baseline transvaginal ultrasound to check my uterus (thin lining, free of pollups and clots, etc.) and ovaries (no large follicles which could react poorly to medications during the cycle and cause problems)…everything looked good.  Next was 50mg of Clomid during cycle days 3 – 7.  If you remember from my previous posts, Clomid is the drug that has a tendency to make women emotional.  Ironically JPug was travelling for work cycle days 3 – 7 so I wept…in bed…by myself…for 5 days straight.  Just kidding folks…once again, Clomid didn’t seem to cause any issues. 

Day 11, I went in to Dr. K’s office for my second transvaginal ultrasound.  This is the ultrasound where they check to see how my follicles (which contain an egg) are maturing.  Given that it’s the dead of winter and colds and the flu are running rampant in KC, Dr. K had a few folks out of the office.  Instead of the ultrasound tech performing my exam, Judy, Dr. K’s nurse did the honors.  I much prefer Judy to the technician because she doesn’t hesitate to comment on how things are progressing during the exam.  At one point, she said that my body was reacting “beautifully” to the Clomid so I took that as a good sign.   

Day 12, it was time for my Ovidrel shot which I administered myself (immediately after, I flexed my muscles because I felt pretty tough).  One difference between our first process and this one is that I didn’t have to take Estradiol to enhance my uterine lining before the insemination…less drugs + the fact that my body made a sufficient lining by itself = happy me!

Day 14, INSEMINATION DAY.  JPug did his thing and we returned an hour later for the insemination.  Before she started, Jamie reviewed the results of JPug’s sample with us.  He’s continued taking the medical food prescribed by Dr. N and it continues to work…his count increased once again.  About 5 minutes later, insemination was complete and I laid on the elevated table for 15 minutes.  Once the procedure was complete, we left the office and returned to work.

1 comment:

  1. If you are taking buy tadalafil 5mg online for erectile dysfunction on a regular schedule, take the missed dose as soon as you remember it. However, if it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose or more than one dose per day to make up for a missed one.

    ReplyDelete