Monday, March 19, 2012

The Test

The morning of Day 28, I woke up at 3:15a and took a test…no dice.  I wasn’t shocked as I hadn’t felt any of the symptoms I experienced in December but I was definitely disappointed.  The two weeks between insemination and testing are filled with such a barrage of emotions…hope, anxiety and everything in between.  Everything leads up to the big test on day 28 and when it’s not positive, I'm thrust back into an unfortunately familiar situation.

To make matters worse, my body began to cycle naturally on Day 28.  Rather than having a few days to absorb the process and its result, I was calling Dr. K’s office to let them know about cycle Day 1 once again.  I’ll go back in for a baseline ultrasound and start this month’s dose of Clomid (if everything looks good) in just a few days.

This month’s process will be a good benchmark for Dr. K’s office.  This is IUI #3 so they’ll evaluate my body’s reaction to the medications and the process thus far…and make a recommendation for the future.  The next step could be stronger medications or different procedures…at this point we just hold tight and keep hope alive.

Speaking of hope, I have to admit that the process is beginning to lose its luster.  On one hand, that’s a good thing because maybe that means I’ll be more relaxed next time around but on the other hand, it’s hard to continue believing the process will work eventually.  In time, I’m sure everything will get easier…things always do.

1 comment:

  1. nizagara tablets the active ingredients tadalafil and sildenafil are both phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitors, drugs that block the breakdown of certain substances that keep you hard by keeping the blood vessels in your penis dilated and your corpora cavernosa engorged.

    ReplyDelete