Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Third Time’s a Charm?

IUI Cycle 3, Day 28 – Wednesday, March 14th (Pi Day for you math lovers!)

This morning I woke up just after 1am.  Nature called so I made my way into the bathroom and took the test.  The package states the result will be ready in about 3 minutes so I finished up my business and moved from the water closet to the main area of our bathroom to wait.  Before I had even gotten into the main area (officially the fastest 3 minutes of my life), the result was visible…“Pregnant”.  Wowzers. 

Although a positive result should bring a rush of joy and excitement, I have to admit…it didn’t.  I’ve had a positive test before…the feeling of ‘Wow, the road to get here was difficult but you finally made it’.  I ran out to purchase ‘What to Expect When You’re Expecting’, signed up for a growing baby notification website and calculated my due date…but not this time around.  This time I’m thinking with my head instead of my heart.  We have three crucial blood tests to get through over the next week before we can even begin to breathe the slightest sigh of relief.  Pretty deep thoughts for 1am, huh?!

After the positive result sank in, I climbed back in bed and did my best not to disturb JPug.  It took me a couple of hours to fall back asleep and I accidentally woke JPug up in the mean-time.  I told him about the test...and the result...and we're hoping things will go better than they did in December. 

.....

I went to Dr. K’s office over lunch to have the first of my 3 lab draws…they’ll be checking betaHCG, progesterone and possibly TSH.  The office ordered the results STAT so hopefully they’ll get back to me before the end of the day...

.....

Just heard from Judy, Dr. K's nurse...my betaHCG is 345 and my progesterone is 28.5.  In December, the initial reading for my betaHCG was 72 so the fact that today's number was nearly 5x December's brings the slightest bit of comfort.  Now Dr. K's office will look for the number to double by Friday (my second blood draw) and double again by Monday (my third and final draw of the initial series).  No expectations at this point...just a lot of hope and positive thoughts that this process has a different outcome.

3 comments:

  1. Prayin hard for you lady!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've remained in my prayers! I really hope it worked this time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. buy silagra 100 mg online may not work the first time for everyone. Making sure you're sexually excited will increase the possibility of it working for you. Once it does start to work, you can suspect your erection to last anywhere from two to three hours.

    ReplyDelete