Monday, February 6, 2012

Gifts for Baby


As I mentioned in a previous post, Sew What?, I began sewing last year.  My friends and I have continued sewing a couple times a month…I’ve taken quite the fondness to the creativity and camaraderie that’s come out of our hot weekend dates.  I still consider myself a beginner with aspirations to be advanced… tomorrow :)  For now, I’ll continue practicing and will hopefully be a more proficient seamstress in the coming years.

I've said this before but I’m at the point in my life when a lot of friends are having babies…A.LOT.  Honing my sewing skills while making handmade gifts for baby has been the perfect combination of relaxing meets perfectionist with a little therapy (given our process) thrown in the mix.  Below is a set I made for a shower in December.  The couple is expecting their first child, a boy, this week.  It consists of 3 burp cloths, a onesie and booties with coordinating fabrics.  I'll post instructions for all 3 projects in the coming weeks.
 
Burp Cloths

Booties

Onesie and Coordinating Booties

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lainey! I just wanted to let you know that I love your blog! Thank you so much for sharing it with me! To know there are other people out there struggling to conceive some how makes me feel more "normal". Thank you for being so open and honest. If you ever want to talk more feel free to call me or email me.

    Kim

    khimes@burnsmcd.com

    ReplyDelete