Monday, February 27, 2012

What’s in a Name?

Since I’ve been blogging for the better part of 6 months, I thought I’d finally address the name of our blog.  Better late than never, right?

TeamPug….let’s break this down into two parts.

Pug.  Pug is a nickname given to me by a manager I had at my first post-college job.  The guy had nicknames for everyone.  Looking back, I’m not sure he even knew my real last name and if he did, I'm sure he couldn't pronounce it.  His line of thinking was always simple...one syllable…neither my first nor my last name met that criteria so he abbreviated the most difficult one and Puglisi quickly became Pug.  For more than five years, J and I have been the Pugs…together, separately…we call each other the Pugs, call J’s parents the Pugs and most friends refer to us as the Pugs.

Team.  For J and I, team isn’t just a word, it’s a way of life.  We do almost everything together…partly because that’s our generation and partly because it works so well for us.  Working together, sharing the process and achieving a common goal has become a cornerstone of our marriage.  I’m not saying we spend every waking hour outside of work together doing the exact same thing but we work as a team whenever possible.  Shared joy, shared success, shared happiness.  I truly believe TeamPug is better than the sum of our individual parts.  If I'm having a bad day, JPug is there to lend a hand, whip me back into shape or provide comic relief and I'd like to think I do the same for him.  Life isn't always sunshine and rainbows but a terrific teammate absolutely makes the journey more bearable.

No comments:

Post a Comment